Living alone means a lot of extra responsibilities. There’s no one to share the day-to-day chores with, plus you need to take care of seasonal maintenance tasks by yourself. Finally, there are the repairs – both large and small – that you need to stay on top of in order to keep your home safe and comfortable.
Of course there’s one more thing that you need if you live alone, and you may be surprised to know that it will also keep you safe: a home alarm system. Everyone should be concerned with personal safety and security, but anyone who lives alone, especially women, needs to make an extra effort to stay safe.
You may be surprised to know that merely having a home security system deters most burglars. Over two million homes are robbed each year in the United States, and 65% of break-ins occur during the day, between the hours of 6am and 6pm. Statistics show that burglars are more likely to bypass homes with home security systems and will instead choose an easier target.
Because of this, most insurance companies offer up to a 20% discount for homeowners who have home security systems and arm them regularly. Security systems make it easy to deter criminals without a lot of effort. Choosing a smart home security system with home automation and interactive mobile access will give you peace of mind without breaking the bank.
Smart home automation can protect you in more ways than you may think:
- Turn lights on and off when you’re in bed, at the office, or on vacation to deter criminals thinking about a burglary.
- Can’t remember if you locked the door and armed your home security system? Simply check the home security app and secure your home remotely.
- Check on your pets using video monitoring and security cameras. You’ll know your furry friend is safe and secure.
- Adjust the thermostat after you leave the house or on your way home to save on energy bills.
- Set up text and email alerts and reminders so you don’t forget regular tasks such as cleaning the gutters or taking out the trash.
When you can combine the power of wireless home security technology with home security features and home automation, there’s no limit to the ways you can make your life easier and safer every day. The best part is, you’re not totally alone when there’s a professional monitoring station waiting for the signal from your home that you need help. Sleep better and feel more confident when you have easy-to-use, trusted home security from LivSecure in your corner.